Old March 9th 04, 12:13 AM
Rich Stowell

(David B. Cole) wrote in message om...

snip

Hi David,

Sounds like a common aviation story to me! And what's wrong with
starting later in life??? In my case, I walked away (ran to the
airport, actually) from my "real" job and began instructing full time
at the ripe old age of 30. The chief pilot here also walked away from
his real job at the age of 40-ish to follow his passion as an
instructor (aside from the obvious financial sacrifices, it also cost
him his marriage -- in my case, I have an extremely supportive
pilot-wife who said, "why don't you give instructing a try for a
year...").

I don't think it's ever too late to follow your bliss. Sure, there
will be sacrifices, but as the saying goes, "Life is not a dress
rehearsal."

Even if you get your CFI or CFII and teach part time, you will no
doubt be flying professionally -- I'm sure of this based on my limited
aviation interaction with you...Don't ever stop looking up at the
airplanes ; )

Rich
http://www.richstowell.com