Old October 28th 04, 04:07 PM
Jack Allison

Ben,

I have a friend who works for AT&T wireless. In his area (Phoenix),
he's aware of them making a gradual transition of the wireless network
from TDMA to GSM. Looking at the coverage maps when I switched from
TDMA to GSM, I was concerned by the lesser coverage of GSM. I have yet
to stray far from my area so have no real comparison of coverage. IMHO,
GSM coverage will get better over time. I'd think that TDMA will be
around for quite some time but for how long? Good question.

I'd be interested to see follow up posts GSM coverage or lack thereof.

Ben Jackson wrote:

--
Jack Allison
PP-ASEL, IA Student/flying club member/co-owner wanna-be,

you will always long to return"
- Leonardo Da Vinci