Old February 15th 18, 02:07 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default strange ASI readings on LXNAV s80 vs Winter ASI

On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 8:38:38 PM UTC-5, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
looking for some instrument debugging help.

I have a steam gauge ASI (winter) and an LxNav S80
sharing the same Pitot and static lines.

First, check your static for leaks.

Second, check the instruments against a 3rd reference.
See if they are consistent (doesn't matter if the 3rd
unit is off as long as its consistent).

Hope that helps,
Best Regards, Dave

PS: Once had a customer return an instrument TWICE because
he insisted his Winter ASI was correct -- and of course
when he finally checked it was way off. Winter 2 1/4" ASIs
are notorious (and why a back-seater once said
"gee, if I do this in Condor the wings come off").

PPS: I have a Chinese ASI in the shop that is WILDLY off,
but great for leak-checks...