Old April 15th 15, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Carlyle

Default PowerFlarm Update Problem

Ron, thanks, that eliminates one variable. Charlie, you may be right, but that's step 2. I have to get the firmware upgraded first!

I'm beginning to think that my PF brick went bad. One of the USB thumb drives I have has a blue LED on the end that flashes when it is read. I've seen no flashes from it today, and I've seen no red/green flashing of the PF LED indicating that it was reading the USB thumb drive.

One last thing I'll try tomorrow is to put only the PF firmware on the drive (no configuration file), and see if it updates then. According to the manual a firmware update happens after device configuration. Wish me luck!

-John, Q3

On Tuesday, April 14, 2015 at 7:40:10 PM UTC-4, Ron Gleason wrote:
John, I just updated my PF Brick with the same file two days ago and a second one a week ago. Previous usage was 10/14.