Old February 23rd 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.student,alt.politics

Default The Impossibility of Flying Heavy Aircraft Without Training

TRUTH wrote:
Dan wrote in news:qDhLf.22857$Ug4.13336@dukeread12:

TRUTH wrote:
Dan wrote in news:ICaLf.19925$Ug4.16290@dukeread12:

Richard Lamb wrote:

"How does a wing generate lift?"
Actually they don't. Aircraft only fly because everyone believes
they
do. Once enough people start doubting they will cease to do so.

This is my conspiracy theory and I'm sticking to it.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Dan, what do you thing of Dr Robert Bowman? He's a retired USAF Lt.
Col. and Nasa rocket scientist. He says if NORAD were left alone to
do their job, all four planes would have been intercepted.

He can be seen in this video, about halfway through:
http://www.911busters.com/DC_Truth/index.html

Bowman is also running for Congress
http://www.rmbowman.com/

As an engineering type he would have had very limited experience
with
the operational side of the USAF. On the other hand I was on the
operational side and I highly doubt a) anyone tied NORAD's hands were
tied, b)that NORAD was looking for attacking flights within CONUS,
they tend to look outward for that, c) that alert aircraft would have
located them and had been able to receive orders to shoot them down in
time to stop all 3 strikes. Let's face it, not too many people would
have believed what was about to occur ever would. In any event
aircraft go astray every single day, should there be a military
response to all of them?

Aircraft sitting alert are thoroughly preflighted. This process
takes
2 or 3 hours. I have seen helicopters and C-130s preflighted and ready
to go in less than an hour, but those were emergency medevac
situations not involving arming the aircraft. On weekends and holidays
it was harder to gen up aircrews than aircraft.

On normal duty days such as 9-11 you would have had problems
genning
up aircrews due to training, crew rest, additional duties etc.

Could any of the aircraft been intercepted? Possibly, but what
action
would be taken? Could all 4 have been intercepted? Highly unlikely.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Before 9/11 how many times a year (approx) did NORAD scramble jets?

NORAD never did, they don't own any jets. BTW, did you ever notice
how military aircraft sent to check out wayward aircraft before or since
9/11 tend to make the news?

Back to your attempt at misdirection let's do a hypothetical and
assume NORAD requests a dozen interceptions in 2000. Every one would
have been to chase a single aircraft. 9/11 had 4 errant airplanes. What
difference does how many intercepts were called for before or since?
I'll answer that for you: it makes no difference at all.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired