Old November 26th 08, 05:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Anthony W

Default Tungsten Disulfide burnishing

Stealth Pilot wrote:

at one stage the local motor cycle oils dried up as businesses went to
the wall so I used castrol GTX which has molybdenium disulphide in it.
after about a thousand km my clutch would slip and nothing I did could
stop it. until I used straight oil with no moly disulphide, whereupon
the clutch would stop slipping. the additives work.

tungsten ... interesting.
Stealth Pilot

Interesting. I've been using Castrol GTX in my cars and bikes but I
don't think the stuff in the USA has the molybdenium disulfide in it.
All the moly oils I'm aware of are black or close to it. Anyway I'll
buy another bottle and check the label.

Tony