Old December 10th 06, 10:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Dave Kearton

Default Gordon's Pics : various

G'day everybody

I'd just like to thank everybody for their comments and corrections to the
names on the pics.

It's been a couple of years that we've been doing this - so it's worthwhile
going through the process again.

Gordon is Gordon Permann aka who lives in San Diego.

Being AOL challenged, Gordon doesn't have access to the binaries as he used
to - even when he had access, it was mostly read-only, or posting
comments. So, very early on, he emailed his pics to me, so I
could share them on the groups.

The pics are usually original prints or old copies and found in a variety of
locations; from garage sales, deceased estates and in at least one series -
from a garbage can. Short of training sniffer dogs, I've got NFI how
he manages to track some of them down.

A lot of the pics have pencilled notes on the back, often made by a
long-gone photographer or enthusiast, so any corrections are appreciated.

It's a process that's working well, Gordon has asked me to pass on his
thanks for your comments and help. I get to see the pics first, which
is very cool for me.

I like posting his pics - and all of my own for the discussions that they
generate - however, feel free to contact Gordon directly if that's more
appropriate.

--

Cheers

Dave Kearton