Old July 24th 05, 10:13 PM
T. & D. Gregor, Sr.

Hi Andy:

You first need to "exclude" those trees and houses...

Take a look at the following programs:

ExcBuilder v2.0

is a small program that helps you to create different types of exclude
files. With this tool you can delete default taxiway signs, generic
buildings, windsocks and many other objects through user-friendly
interface without knowing anything about programming. Since it uses
the new XML-based language it's compatible with FS2004 ONLY!

BGL Toolkit v0.8 (a.k.a. Exclude Kit)

A freeware utility to quickly view the "Table of Contents" of
FlightSimulator scenery files (.BGLs) then resolve scenery
conflicts/duplications by creating appropriate "Exclude" files from
the information displayed. This utility is primarily designed for
users, who have a number of conflicting scenery files and who wish to
quickly create "Exclude" files in a Windows environment - which will
disable parts of scenery areas which are lower in the FS loading
hierarchy.

Companion tutorial for the above program also available in our
Tutorial area.

I hope this helps in some small way, visit the URL below (see sig),
for additional ideas and suggestions.

Good luck

Tom G, Sr.

On 5 Jul 2005 06:46:57 -0700, "Andrew Scotland"
wrote:

I have just finished building my own airport for FS2004 using the AFCAD
program and when I go to the airport it works well, all AI traffic use
it correctly etc but there are non-airport buildings such as houses on
the runways and trees on the taxi-ways. I have downloaded the program
*Airport for Windows* as I was told that is how you get rid of the
buildings, trees etc but when I go to open ANY BGL file it comes up
"File has no valid AFD section"

Any ideas?