Old December 25th 08, 06:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.misc
Brian Whatcott

Default G'day from Australia

On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:24:09 +0000, wannabee
wrote:

Hi Owen,
Welcome. I too have just joined the group.

I would like to learn how to fly. I've done some research and learning
to fly cessna is within my immediate reach.

What I'd like to know is what is the difference between a cessna and an
aerobatics plane? Could a cessna do a barrel roll?

tim

Planes intended for aerobatics usually have stronger airframes to take
the g's involved in flick movements, and sometimes have engines
capable of a little (or long) inverted flight.
Some cessna 150s were beefed up as "Aerobat 150s".
It is true that a smooth barrel roll can keep even a 'utility' rated
airframe inside its safety envelope.

Brian W