Old December 11th 03, 02:58 AM
W.J. \(Bill\) Dean \(U.K.\).

The ASW-19 would do as well as the Pegase, not quite as good a performance,
but should be cheaper.

The ASW-19 was the machine of choice for the U.K. team in the Junior Sport
Class World Gliding Championships this year, it has also been bought by the
Surrey & Hants. gliding club for their early pilots, they have the biggest
single seater fleet of any civilian club in the U.K.

I agree about the Pegase and LS-4, I am not familiar with the Jantar
Standard.

In my own opinion, the ASW-19 is a nice glider and I would always be happy
to fly one. The Pegase is nicer, and the LS-4 nicer still. This is also
the order of performance, and of price.

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.

"Arnold Pieper" wrote in message
. com...

The Pegase would fit the bill perfectly.
The LS-4 or Jantar Std 3 as well, but they would cost a bit more.

"Flyhighdave" wrote in message

So some of you really don't think to highly of the Speed Astir. What
then would be your recommendations for a first glider for a low time
pilot training & soloing in a G103 II A? I need something under
$20,000 that will keep me happy for a while. Thanks for your input!

David