Old February 25th 06, 01:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Cherokee 180 soft brake - causes?

wrote:
: Bleeding PA28 brakes can be a nightmare, lacking RH brakes makes it a
: little easier. Find somebody that knows how to do it, and don't get
: ****y if they tell you they had to pull the toe cylinders and invert
: them to get all the air out.

I'd just like to add that I've heard the same thing from my A&P/IA. He had to
bleed the brakes on a friend's PA28. Even with force (bottom-up) bleeding, they ended
up having to disassemble the master cylinders. Apparently there's some sort of seal
in there that causes all the heartburn when trying to bleed.

I really should to replace the brakelines to the discs on my plane, but I've
been dreading the inevitable bleed. I'm in the same boat, too.... LH toe-brakes only.
Mine leak down very slowly somewhere so the parking brake doesn't hold for more than a
few minutes. It doesn't seem to use any fluid though, so I haven't cared so far in
the 3.5 years we've owned it.

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss *