Old July 22nd 03, 06:34 PM
Dan Luke

"Dylan Smith" wrote:
There was a Beech Duke at Houston Gulf. I swear that the guy who flew
it (about once every four months) wouldn't have noticed if the right
wing was missing beyond the engine nascelle (until he tried to rotate
of course). The plane had a LOT of defects which were readily apparent
to the most cursory inspection, including some very bad corrosion
on the vertical stab.

There's a Cardinal at one of our local fields with corrosion so bad there
are actually holes in it. I hear its tail number on CTAF once in a while.

This kind of thing is not too uncommon, apparently. It's a wonder these
aircraft don't show up in the accident reports more often.
--
Dan
C172RG at BFM