Old July 13th 08, 07:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter[_4_]

Default Learning to Soar near Los Angeles

"Peter" wrote in message
Join the So. Ca. Douglas Soaring club http://www.netmeister.net/~scdsa/
( about $300 initial fee, about $55 monthly dues and unlimited use of
their gliders). Get unparalleled, intense instruction from Caracole
Soaring at California City
OR; Join the Antelope Valley Soaring Club http://www.soarav.com/ I think
$300 initiation fee and about $25 monthly dues unlimited use of the
gliders). They are located at Krey Field near the El Mirage area.
Instruction also available. The best club atmosphere, very friendly, good
soaring.
PeterK
"Mark Roah" wrote in message
I live in the Los Angeles area, have a private pilots license and I
want to earn my soaring stamp or whatever it's called. Can anyone
recommend a soaring club? I looked at Great Western Soaring in
Llana, CA. It's a great place to fly, Fred Robinson is a special
person, but I don't think they have enough instructors. I'm also
thinking about clubs at Lake Elsinore.

Any and all help will be appreciated.

Regards,

Mark Roah