Old February 7th 05, 06:48 PM
Peter R.

In a recent flight, I received the handoff, "27D change to Chicago
Center on xxx.xx" Next call, "Chicago Center, Arrow 27D, 3000"
Response: "Arrow 27D, this is not Chicago Center, this is Chicago
Approach". Me "Arrow 27D, correction noted"

Is this an issue of sufficient importance to waste the air time in a
very busy airspace? I'd just like to know...

Perhaps he was simply assisting you in determining whether you had the
correct frequency or not. What if you were really trying to raise
Approach because you were being sequenced to land?

--
Peter