Old February 9th 04, 12:56 AM
Robert M. Gary

(Snowbird) wrote in message . com...
"Dan Luke" wrote in message ...
If you're using a cell phone to call for your clearance from the
end of the runway, chances are you can't use 1-800-WX-Brief anyway,
it may route you to your home FSS -- you have to look up the direct
number in AF/D or Cellular Pilot or wherever.

If you do call WX-BRIEF they'll just give you the correct number.
That's what I'll usually do. Someday Jepp will have the numbers but
until then, its easier. Last summer I landed at Tucsan to clear
customs. The customs guy wouldn't come out (and I had to stay in my
plane). So I called WX-BRIEF and got the AFSS in Sacramento! They
seemed pretty confused. I just wanted to find out what number I could
call to get the guy to come out. I had touched down with 30 seconds of
my ADVCUS time so he really didn't have any excuses. Turned out he was
watching a baseball game and said he forgot about me.

-Robert