Old January 26th 05, 04:16 PM
Dave S

A couple freight dog companies out there are cryin in their beer right
now.. they figured the govt would flinch and not go LIVE like they said
they would be...

Topping out at FL 280 turns an older learjet from a 1500 nm plane to a
6-800 nm plane.

Dave

Capt.Doug wrote:
It seems a little strange when Havana Center says "Cleared to flight level
three zero zero". It seems a little strange going eastbound at FL 310. It
seems a little strange when Atlanta Center actually has a different altitude
available while going to O'Hare. It seems very strange when another airliner
passes within a 1000' at FL 360.

I just finished my first trip with RVSM (Conveniently sitting on a Caribbean
island while many of ya'll got snowed on- Nah Nah!). It didn't take long to
overcome the strangeness and appreciate the new way (unlike when they
started calling airspace by classes).

It is good, unless you are one of the uncertified stuck at FL280. A friend
in Washington DC related to me that after the inauguration there was a
logjam of airplanes waiting to depart at FL280 while his RVSM ride went
around all of them for a hasty departure. Another friend who drives a Lear
is stuck at 280 and can barely make TEB from MIA now.

D.