Old August 23rd 07, 03:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.military
Larry Dighera

Default Flying Tigers: Claire Chennault and all that

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 11:48:31 -0400, Cubdriver usenet AT danford DOT
net wrote in :

HarperCollins has just published a revised, updated, and shortened (!)
edition of "Flying Tigers: Claire Chennault and His American
Volunteers, 1941-1942".

Congratulations. I wish you all the best.

It seems that there are several aviation authors among the readership
of rec.aviation.*.

Are you able to point me toward a resource, like a roster or other
documentation, that will shed any light on an individual Flying Tiger?
I used to work with a Zinsco salesman named Arnold Moselle who once
mentioned that he was a member of the Flying Tigers that flew the
hump. As I recall, the hump was the Himalaya Mountains. I guess not
all Flying Tigers flew P40s.