Old March 18th 04, 10:26 PM
Andrew Gideon

I'm digging out of the same snow (I'm at N07, I think you're at CDW
right?). Jay pretty much covered the basics except for on a high wing a
broom is pretty much mandatory (either that or a stepladder, or better yet
both).

Yes, CDW. Yes, High-wing.

I bought a broom on the way out to the airport. It worked well. There was
a little piece here or there when I was done with one wing. I did the
other wing. When I returned to the first, all the remainder had melted
off.

No de-ice necessary.

[...]

1) On a low wing, if one side is perpetually in shade (as in my spot), the
ice accumulation takes serious effort to remove. This winter in
particular a "warm" day would still leave ice encrusted on the wing walk.

I've seen this on the elevator which is in the shade of the rudder, even on
my macho high-wings.

So now my club has a broom.

Thanks...

Andrew