Old May 29th 05, 05:05 PM
Ron Wanttaja

On 29 May 2005 05:51:28 -0700, (Eugene Maslov) wrote:

Ron Wanttaja wrote in message . ..

http://provide.net/~pratt1/ambuilt/8130-27.htm

Thanks a lot, Ron!

The order states that a moratorium exists on experimental
airworthiness certification of non-U.S. manufactured aircraft for the
experimental purpose of exhibition. Is the moratorium still in force,
requiring manufacturing the plane un the USA?

I confess I'm not that knowledgeable on the Experimental/Exhibition, but my
understanding is this moratorium was primarily aimed at the importation of
foreign-built military jets. I looked in the FAA registration database, and
over 400 planes have received Experimental/Exhibition certification since that
Order came out...many of them from foreign manufacturers.

My guess is that you'll have no extraordinary problems, but no one in this
newsgroup has FAA decision authority. Your best bet would be to get in direct
contact with the FAA and lay out what you want to do.

Ron Wanttaja