Old September 10th 07, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
RomeoMike

Default PIREP

Denny wrote:
There is a rather tired looking Apache with some of the Geronimo mods
on it, tied down outside...

I guess that would not be "my" Geronimo, which according to the FAA
database is now registered in Georgia. With the pointy nose and 180 hp
engines, it lifted out of 24C very nicely, even on hot days with a few
people on board. I don't remember the hills being a problem but watching
the trees go by under the wheels was fun. One plane came in with a stick
punched through a wing tip. Not sure how he managed that without hanging
up his gear in the trees.