Old September 1st 04, 03:00 PM
BellSouth.net News

Ron,

Thanks, the one that is in this mooney, already has a wedge shim to keep it
vertical. We are most likely going to do a "lasar" panel on that side. I
suppose I should drop them a note, perhaps they have it as a part of their
documentation to cover a more standard TC.

Thanks,
Alan

"Ron Rosenfeld" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 23:03:00 -0400, "BellSouth.net News"
wrote:

Looking for options to replace the original factory Turn/Slip in a 64
M20C.
It seems to have a volt meter in it. So is there any specific requirement
to replace it with a specific TC? Would prefer a TC as opposed to
Turn/Slip. If someone has done it and can point me to the
manufacture/part
number, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance, I'll assume it has to
be
TSO'd whatever it is replaced with?
Alan

I don't know what can legally be used in general.

When I put in a STEC50 A/P a replacement TC was part of the STC, so that
was legal.

One thing you have to watch out for, which your shop should know, is that
the original TS's in the older Mooney's were specially built to be mounted
on that angled panel (I think it's a 30° angle). So if you get something
not so constructed, you'll need some standoffs so it will mount vertically
-- which may look funny. Or you could fabricate a new instrument panel
for
that half of the cockpit -- which is what I did when installing the STEC.

STEC may now make an a/p which can replace the T/S (not sure about this).
Again, it likely would need to be mounted vertically.

--ron