Old September 26th 05, 06:45 PM
Scott Migaldi

LB wrote:
I'm an antique pilot from the early 60's. I have a P ASEL&S + I ticket. I
have about 3500 hrs with about 600 hrs. actual instrument time. most of the
time is in Mooney's. I want to get back up to speed and go for my Commercial
and CFI. I'm older now and I have slightly higher blood pressure then I did
12 years ago when I stopped flying. I am taking medication for this. Also
years ago equilibrium was tested by standing on one foot but I don't recall
if the eyes had to be closed or not. My medication may be having an effect
because now it's a little harder for me to do that. I can do it easily with
my eyes open. Does anyone know the protocol if one is taking medication for
b/p applying for a 2nd class medical and how equilibrium is tested today?
Thanks for any information
Len

Go to the AOPA web site and take the turbo medical before you go to the
AME. Some meds for High BP are not allowed.

But generally you will need a letter from your physician stating what
meds you take, your last 3 BPs, and that you are stable with no sign of
end organ damage, you will need a blood test that includes cholestral
levels and some other things, and you will need an EKG.

I never has been tested for equilibrium for my 2nd class.

Scott