Old March 31st 05, 08:29 AM
Montblack

Default Competition for Trade-A-Plane launched tonight

Trade-A-Plane (TAP) has some new competition I learned tonight.

If you own an airplane AND are a pilot, you will receive a (FREE)
subscription to a new buying guide, Aircraft Owner (AO).

I think the first Vol. went out tonight. 125,000 copies shipped.

Take that TAP.

http://www.aircraftowner.com/
(Website is new. Seller's ads are coming to the website - maybe. Don't know
for sure)

This all was announced at a volunteer meeting I was at tonight for something
else. Don't know if the launch of Aircraft Owner (AO) made AvWeb or
Aero-News Network yet, I wasn't looking.

Question I had: Take Jack Allison....please. He's a pilot, looking for a
plane. He won't get a FREE subscription because he's not already an owner.

Answer: For now Jack might pick up a copy at the FBO - 5,000 copies sent out
to FBO's.

Anyway, that's the business plan they're going with.

http://www.aircraftowner.com/pdfs/Ai...unches1.19.pdf

Vol 1 looked (glossy) nice - lots of ads, one page of planes, same size as
TAP - just not as thick :-)

My one pet peev is ads that don't quote a price. I like publications that
insist on prices included with each ad - cars, boats, planes, whatever. This
publication doesn't do that as of now. Neither does TAP. Oh well.

Anyway, it's FREE if you own a plane AND are a pilot. Not sure if they're
open to (FREE) subscription requests yet - you know, from pilots who want
planes. g

I think this venture might work out for Greg Herrick, the owner of Golden
Wings Museum - he's a smart guy, with a good business head on his shoulders,
and many succesful venturs behind him - ZEOS computers for one. 2003
National Air Tour for another.

BTW, He's vowing 5 Tri-Motors from Golden Wings at OSH this year - wonder if
he's got some Aircraft Owner (AO) roll-out promotion in mind? Hmm.

Oh, the museum's 6th Tri-Motor just trucked in from Alaska this week. Ford -
B model. It's a mess, but will (hopefully) soon be restored to flying
condition.

Montblack
After all that, I hope I make the darn subscription list!
Mmm....FREE :-)