Old March 22nd 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default The joys of the USA OLC and Mifflin County, a Canadian perspective

Just to rub a little salt in the wounds... I'm losing exact count, but
I think we've had 500K or better flights on something like 6 of the
last 8 days out of Blairstown, NJ. It's becoming a bit like the movie
Groundhog Day - each morning I get up to do the weather for the club,
and it's the same: Winds NW at 15-20, 5-7kt thermals to 6,000 with Cu,
some OD and snow squalls to dodge, blah, blah, blah. Boring. :-))

Special mention to Bob (Iron Man) Templin for completing at least 3 FAI
triangles over 500K in the last week or so despite some challenging
conditions. Those of you who know Bob will appreciate just how cold
it's been during these long flights when I tell you that he's actually
taken to wearing 2 cotton work shirts instead of the customary one.
With temperatures at altitude approaching 0F, he had to break out the
extreme weather gear.

Erik Mann (P3)