Old April 25th 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default S-H safety harness (V2C)

wrote:
An annoying property of my Ventus 2C is that the safety harness does
not hold me into the seat. When encountering turbulance my upper torso
leaves the seat and my head ocassionally hits the canopy.

The position of the shoulder strap anchors aft of the cockpit is high
enough that no downward force is exerted no matter how much the straps
are tightened. The only thing this achieves is pulling the buckle up
away from my abdomen.

Are there any solutions or workarounds for this prollum? (Besides
padding my hat?)

~ted/2NO

Ted-
Design is done that way to prevent compression of spine in an accident.
Solution to your problem as noted elsewhere is 5th point holding seat
belts down and forward. Your belt should have provisions for this 5th
point in the latch.
Good luck
UH