Old October 30th 16, 06:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce Hoult

Default 15 meter version of ETA

On Sunday, October 30, 2016 at 9:21:56 PM UTC+3, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
I am sure there is a lot of skill required to fly RC, but does it transfer. I played a lot of "Leisure Suit Larry" back in the day, but not sure that helped me either!

On a real note I did take a crack RC helicopter guy flying in a helicopter, he could not be trued without a tight guard on the cyclic, i.e., he didn't know sh!t about flying a helicopter.

As long as he wasn't pumping the collective from top to bottom and back twice a second...

Those guys don't fly as much as overpower the air.

RC glider guys at least are working mostly within the same kind of constraints as we are. Except flutter and G loadings.