Old September 21st 05, 07:50 PM
Jay Beckman

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:AudYe.356708$_o.211591@attbi_s71...
Just another day in the wonderful world of aviation...

You were held up at public airport for the *Dahli Llama*? In Arizona,
USA?

That's even worse than being held up for John Edwards last year in Des
Moines!

I'm torn between laughter and incredulity.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

C'mon Jay ... Apples and Oranges,

I was not held up...and there was no official "Ground Stop."

Your experience with John Edwards was caused by the Secret Service. I was
asked politely by a beat cop if I would mind waiting five extra minutes
until the delegation was on board their plane. And, if I hadn't been
otherwise engaged with photography matters, I would have been long gone
before his convoy (all of 2 cars and two police SUVs) got to the ramp.

In fact, I taxied out right behind the G-V and could have done a lot more
damage to his plane with a spinning prop than I could have standing a couple
hundred yards away watching while he boarded.

The man is a guest in our country (in general) and in MY state in particular
.... Personally, I'd rather give the Dahli Llama five minutes than give
anyone a chance to think that Americans (in general) and GA pilots in
particular are ignorant, arrogant and uncooperative.

Jay Beckman
PP-ASEL
AZ Cloudbusters
Chandler, AZ