Old September 22nd 05, 02:29 AM
Rich Lemert

Skywise wrote:

I recall seeing an interview with the Dalai Lama, I think on
60 minutes, some years ago. I was very impressed at the
intelligence and thoughtfulness of the man. His remarks
were always very direct, no double talk mumbo-jumbo. For a
religious leader he was very down to earth and personable.
No holier-than-thou attitude.

Brian

If I understand it correctly, his religion believes that there
are many paths to enlightenment/heaven/nirvana/whatever, and
that how you get there is entirely up to you. Further, while
they are plenty willing to share their thoughts, you have to
take the initiative to ask - they're not going to cram their
beliefs down your throat.

All-in-all a very refreshing attitude compared to many western
religions/religous leaders, where you're automatically doomed to
hell unless you believe exactly as they believe.