Old February 24th 04, 10:41 PM
BUFDRVR

When it comes to something like genocide, aren't we
supposed to stop it and see that it stays stopped? Or would looking the
other
way make the practice palatable?

Correctly, Clinton took no direct action in a far worse genocide in Rwanda,
just prior to our involvement in Kosovo. As horrible as ethnic violence is, if
its not in your national interest to get directly involved, you don't. The
Clinton administration thought our involvement in a European issue was in our
national interest (and, for the most part, I agree) however there comes a time
when you need to re-evaluate the situation. In my opinion, we're no longer
needed in the the Balkans, and if trouble reappears, we evaluate that situation
again.

BUFDRVR

everyone on Bear Creek"