Old April 1st 07, 11:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Roger[_4_]

Default KY197, KY 97 what's the Difference?

On Sun, 01 Apr 2007 12:19:17 -0400, Dave Butler wrote:

Roger wrote:
What's the difference between the KY 197 and the current KY 97?

100.

Actually it's a bit over $1000 or there abouts.
The difference between 5W and 10 Watts should be almost insignificant
(IE 3 db) in use.

Actually all I need is to fix the orange/yellow plastic window over
the display. Some where in the past (before I purchased the Deb) I'd
guess some one used the wrong stuff to try and clean the window.
Combined with age that has rendered the plastic window almost opaque.
I wonder if the stuff they use to fix scratched plastic glasses would
work on that? Trying would certainly be cheaper than purchasing
another radio or even front panel. The KY197s are going for as much
on E-bay (yellow tagged) as a new KY97.
(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com