Old May 3rd 04, 02:55 PM

Default Finding IAPs by TYPE?

Hello all... I was looking through the online instrument procedures, trying to
find a VOR/DME RNAV approach to do the flight test portion of my KNS-80 IFR
certification. They aren't that prevalent, and I'm in Virginia, but basically equally
close to WV, KY, TN, and NC, which spans a number of sets of plates. I figured online
would be a good way to find one that's close, but none of the sites I've found (AOPA,
NACO.faa.gov, flyguides.com, etc) sort by anything other than identifier. Anyone know
of a place to sort this database by type? Buying a slew of paper plates just to
manually thumb through them and find RNAV approaches seems a bit silly. It seems like
sorting by approach time would be a good idea for a number of these online search
engines... so you can ignore any NDB, GPS, or DME approach if not so equipped.

Thoughts? (besides "why bother with the KNS-80"... I like it, get over it...

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux: *
* - learn what you don't know, *
* - teach what you do. *