Old May 4th 04, 12:38 PM

Thanks for the info. The Volume tab is better than the state or airport ID
than I was looking through. It's still a bit tedious, since I'm equally close to
NE-3, SE-1, SE-2, and WV. Each one of those four has on the order of 600 documents
spanning 20 pages of non-searchable HTML. I can't find how to say, "Gimme all these
on one page" or "Export list to text" or something. I'm sure the info is available
out there, but I haven't found it.

-Cory

J Haggerty wrote:
: One way you can see procedure names in a list is by doing a Volume
: search at the following website;

: http://www.naco.faa.gov/index.asp?xml=naco/online/d_tpp

: Click on that link, and it will take you to a page with 2 options,
: usually the current FLIPS or the next cycle's FLIPS.
: Click on the pub cycle you want, and that takes you to a page with 4
: search options (Airport ID, State, Airport Name, or Volume). Click on
: the drop down Volume tab and select whichever part of the country you're
: searching. (NE has 4 volumes).
: When you click on the volume, a list of procedure will show up in
: alphabetical order in that volume. Just look at the procedure name in
: the right column until you find the type procedure you want. (Example,
: there are 19 pages of procedures that you can skim through in NE-2)
: The important thing is to search by "volume", and not by airport ID,
: airport name or state.
: (Note: There are 2 VOR/DME RNAV procedures listed just on the 1st page
: of Volume NE-3, at Ronald Reagan Washington National)

: JPH

: wrote:

: Hello all... I was looking through the online instrument procedures, trying to
: find a VOR/DME RNAV approach to do the flight test portion of my KNS-80 IFR
: certification. They aren't that prevalent, and I'm in Virginia, but basically equally
: close to WV, KY, TN, and NC, which spans a number of sets of plates. I figured online
: would be a good way to find one that's close, but none of the sites I've found (AOPA,
: NACO.faa.gov, flyguides.com, etc) sort by anything other than identifier. Anyone know
: of a place to sort this database by type? Buying a slew of paper plates just to
: manually thumb through them and find RNAV approaches seems a bit silly. It seems like
: sorting by approach time would be a good idea for a number of these online search
: engines... so you can ignore any NDB, GPS, or DME approach if not so equipped.
:
: Thoughts? (besides "why bother with the KNS-80"... I like it, get over it...
:
: -Cory
:
: