Old February 8th 07, 03:34 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Lynn in StLou

Default P-51D Desert Camouflage

David Kazdan wrote:
This is one of those "but I vaguely remember..." sort of replies, BUT:

Wasn't there a P-51 ten or twenty years ago being flown on the airshow
circuit in those colors? If I recall correctly, it was owned by a
female pilot who was criticized for painting a warbird in hot pink; she
identified the colors as the Egypt campaign desert livery and the
complaints abated.

I don't remember details. Anyone else?

David

Your recollection is close. It was a P-40 and
AFAIK there was never any outcry about the Desert
Pink. I know I have a picture of it somewhere.

--
Lynn in StLou
REMOVETHIS anti-spam measure to reply