Old September 4th 16, 09:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
David Salmon[_3_]

Default New Zealand soaring movie

At 03:34 04 September 2016, wrote:
One of the things we discovered during the filming of "Cloudstreet" is
that=
continuity between scenes is difficult to manage. In one of the takeoff
sc=
enes, I climb into the cockpit wearing a dark blue shirt and somehow
change=
into a white T-shirt for the launch. Embarrassing to professional
filmmake=
rs, but we just had to go with it due to the limited production budget
(whi=
ch was still astronomical to us).

And yes, shooting many flights and cutting together various scenes so

that
=
it appears to be one flight is a necessary tool. It can't be helped,
especi=
ally with limited cameras and time aloft.

But that made it more fun.

Talking of films, I've never seen an explanation of why the Duo canopy
opened the wrong way after the flight in "The Thomas Crown Affair".
Dave