Old September 4th 16, 06:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Duster

Default New Zealand soaring movie

On Friday, September 2, 2016 at 11:57:59 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Long time ago I saw a neat movie about a father and daughter(?) learning to soar in New Zealand. Great scenery. Remind me the name of the movie?

Also, if my 14 YO son gets instruction and solos in New Zealand does the flight time and solo endorsement from a Kiwi certified flight instructor count directly towards a US Private Pilot-Glider certificate when he turns 16?

Mr. Harris,
I am not an authority on this by any means, but a review of the US FAR's (which are available online) would suggest the answer to your question is "Yes". Below are links that may assist in how this is done, but I suggest either waiting for an expert to reply on this matter or just contact an FAA examiner. The last link defines how and what flying experience is documented in FAA terms; helpful when you go over the logbook with the instructor/examiner. Who knows but it may be simpler than you think.

Michael

https://www.faa.gov/licenses_certifi..._verification/

https://www.aopa.org/training-and-sa...-certification

http://www.flightsimaviation.com/dat...art_61-75.html