Old December 12th 12, 03:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
waremark

Default Splitting PowerFLARM

On Wednesday, December 12, 2012 3:08:03 PM UTC, wrote:
To those who fly with a panel mounted primary MFD (like a CN, LX 9000, or Ultimate LE) and a secondary off-panel PNA (like Streak, Oudie, V2).

Do you send PowerFLARM data to both displays? What are you using to split the PowerFLARM signal? Are you happy with this setup?

Slightly off topic, but I am hoping that having an LX9000 I won't see the need to run my PNA! (My current plan is to keep the GliderGuider in a pocket, available for use only as a fallback if the panel goes down). I do have a Butterfly display taking Flarm output, but I don't yet know whether that will provide worthwhile addional info to what I see on the LX (and hear from it, of course, since it has a voice warning system). I am expecting that by default in order to avoid screen clutter I will not show Flarm targets on the LX9000, but will be able to turn on a large Flarm radar display when I want more Flarm info.

Are you planning to have a PF display as well as an MFD and a PNA? How do you expect to use the two or three displays?