Old August 30th 18, 09:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

Tango Whisky wrote on 8/30/2018 12:32 PM:
My name is Bert Willing, and your post was nonsense. I know quite a couple of
jet owners, and they never had a problem of starting their engins attention
altitude.

I agree with Dave, based on being around several people with jet sustainers at
Parowan and Ely, both 6000' msl. Besides the unreliable starting, they don't
sustain well at high altitudes because the power is marginal for high density
altitudes. A little bit of sink, or a mountain in the way ...

We're not saying EVERY jet has a problem, but a substantial fraction seem to.