Old August 31st 18, 05:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Borgelt[_2_]

Default Js3 jet catastrophic failure.

On Friday, 31 August 2018 12:28:15 UTC+10, Ramy wrote:
I personally helped retrieveing a JS1 which got seriously damaged in a landout following jet failure. I also know at least two more JS1 owners who landed out due to jet failures. In fact, I don’t know any JS1 which did not have jet failure at some point. And this is not limited to JS1. I know of couple more non JS1 jet failures. So no. This is clearly not nonsense. Looks like jet is not any more reliable than piston.

Ramy

Which engines on the non JS1 failures, Ramy? There appear to be only the engine on the HPH 304 Shark jet which appears to be an AMT Titan and the engine on the PSR system which is an AMT Olympus although they appear to be migrating to the Titan which is a good idea. Best thing with the small jets (and large ones) is not to run at 100%. using a larger engine lets you do that.