Old September 22nd 03, 02:24 AM
TJ

Around here its not the cows you have to watch out for - its moose.
Just as big as a cow but a lot higher on the legs. When you hit those
things at 100-110Km/h they like to go through windshields and
tear car roofs off!

Not uncommon to hear of 1 or 2 per week.

TJ

"The original Russ." wrote in message
More importantly... Do the buggers lay in the middle of the highway at

night
waiting to make a big mess of your car when you hit em? lol. ;-)

And yes I speak from experience... I once hit a cow at night at 100 Km/h.
Although I think I'd skidded back to around 70 by the time I hit it. I kid
you not, it was like hitting another car! BANG!!! And then the bonnet
buckled up in front of me. I'm sure if I hadn't been wearing a seat belt,

would have been badly injured.

To cut a long story short... The insurance company declared the car a

write
off.

Cheers,

Russ.