Old October 8th 04, 06:56 PM
Shawn

F.L. Whiteley wrote:
"Tom Serkowski" wrote in message
m...

http://www.aopa.org/whatsnew/regulatory/regtsa.html

Beginning October 20, 2004, all pilots wishing to recieve instruction
- including a BFR, must show proff of US citizenship to the
instructor. Very scary.

I have heard from a reliable source that if a CFI allows a passenger
to touch the controls, that is considered instruction in the TSA's
eyes.

The instructor must see a document such as an ORIGINAL naturalization
certificate and keep a copy for 5 years. Yet on my certificate it
says it is illegal to copy it.

I called SSA today regarding another subject and also asked about
this. The office person I talked to knew nothing. And of course the
SSA website is also mute on this. Dennis was unfortunately on another
call, so I didn't get a chance to ask him.

Tom Serkowski
ASH-26E (5Z)

It also appears encompass some fees I gather, for each type. Furthermore it
appears all employees (paid or not, to include club members providing
volunteer services) will need recurring security training. It was suggested
some months ago that clubs/operations appoint a security contact and run an
audit.

You could write your elected reps about the implications (or lack of
necessity WRT soaring). Ask if they think this will be as effective as
stopping truck-bombs.

I suppose all this sound and fury is to distract attention from the
woefully lax security around container ships.

Shawn