Old May 13th 05, 09:37 PM
Bob Kuykendall

Very interesting.

If I've parsed the list correctly, 106 of the 291 are two-seaters -
that's about 36 percent of the production total. That seems high to me;
does anybody have historical data regarding the production ratio
between single-seaters and two-seaters? I'm idly wondering if clubs and
academies are perhaps not so much subject to the economic conditions
that seen to be supressing sales to individuals.

It's also interesting to observe:

* The production leader was the Ventus 2c at 38 units

* The production second was the Duo-Discus at 31 units

(hats off to Tilo and the gang)

* Germany accounted for almost 48% of the production total

* The US accounted only about 10% of the production total

Bob K.
http://www.hpaircraft.com/hp-24