Old January 4th 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
bdl

Default Confusion about when it's my navigation, and when it's ATC

Mxsmanic wrote:
I have a really hard time just understanding what they are saying
sometimes. I don't know how pilots and controllers manage to
understand each other without making mistakes. Unfortunately, the
same problem exists with virtual flight networks like VATSIM (but for
different reasons).

If you were in "real" IMC it's even worse (at least until you develop
some practice and learn to keep the picture in your head). Always
seems like ATC is telling you to do something just as you are in the
middle of something else.

Brian