Old July 22nd 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Andrew Gideon

Default Coming to a neighborhood near you

On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:09:12 -0400, DougS wrote:

Either the law was written to give tacit government approval to cause
interference, or the US government can violate its own laws. I do not
know the exact law regarding interefernce, and don't know whether or not
the law explicity grants the rights of interference to the government, I
presumed case B.

In fact, given the history of GPS, I'm not be particularly surprised to
find it legal for the US to degrade the signal, one way or another, in
times of National Emergency. It's not that long since it was degraded -
for civilian use - as a matter of course.

- Andrew