Old April 5th 05, 07:24 PM
Tony Cox

Default Example hangar lease agreements?

Our local airport manager (61B, Boulder City, NV) is keen
to "rationalize" the various hangar leases that have sprung up
over the years. The existing agreements are, I'll agree with him,
quite a mess -- some permit "commercial" hangar use, most have
a different term, and at least one prevents the owner from keeping
an aircraft "that disrupts the tranquility of the airport"(!)

The local pilots see this as a win-win situation. We'll end up with
longer leases and the airport will have a consistent framework for
existing management and future expansion.

So, a couple of questions. Has anyone been through a similar
consolidation process? Our airport is managed by the city, is
enthusiastic to maintain and develop the airport, currently leases
about 80 hangars of varying sizes, typically with a 30-year lease
after which the hangars revert to the city.

Are there any pitfalls which people have come across? Taxation
issues associated with a designation of "commercial"? There's been
a suggestion that "commercial" activities in hangars triggers the
"Americans with disabilities" act, requiring handicapped parking
and disabled-accessible toilets. Any truth to this?

Oh, and does anyone have any example hangar lease agreements
which they are particularly fond or proud of which we might be
able to use as a template?

Tony