Old September 16th 20, 02:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default GP 15 Jeta

2G wrote on 9/15/2020 8:03 PM:
On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 7:42:04 AM UTC-7, Tim Taylor wrote:
On Wednesday, July 1, 2020 at 9:09:14 PM UTC-6, Tom BravoMike wrote:

That number is not a Polish aircraft number - it is a Slovakian number which is assigned to another aircraft. The answer doesn't make sense.

Tom
It's quite common in Europe to have aircraft and vehicles registered in another country where red tape and/or fees are less onerous; not to mention sea vessels. The world does not end in the US (where every state imposes its own drivers licenses, for example). This thread in the 'investigation' against the GP doesn't lead anywhere.

Report's are showing the GP15 with "new wings" is now being flight tested against the Polish team Diana 2, RP. As I had always thought, they look nearly identical in flight. I hope they can get the glider into production and begin to make deliveries. I have been optimistic that the company would begin to focus and produce the glider rather than trying to do too many different models of gliders and a trailer too. I think the concept of a light 15m glider using modern materials and manufacturing is excellent, but they have to deliver. The experience with the first US delivered glider has not helped their reputation.

What "reports" are you referring to?

They are on the company's Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/gpgliders

Tom Holloran, the US GP dealer, told me the wings being tested are not the latest
version that will be used in production, but the previous version without the
latest winglet and root fairing designs. Flight testing is not complete, and there
are currently no official reports.