Old September 2nd 08, 03:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
HEMI-Powered[_2_]

Default When did this group change from?

Maple1 added these comments in the current discussion du jour

When I first discovered this group it was a place for aviation
enthusiasts to share their work. A place to show your photos
and a place to share original work. When did this group change
from that to a group that you flood with photos from other
sources? Must be all those young computer geeks that spend so
much time in front of the computer that they don't have time
nor the talent to get a camera and take some photos of their
own. Soon when all us who still shoot are dead and gone all we
will have is others posting our work and all the originality
will be gone It is a shame.

What difference does it make if an OP posts his or her own photos
or whether they post scans or pictures gleaned from other places?
It seems to me that so long as they are on-topic and have something
to do with aviation in the broadest sense, why isn't that OK? This
bigoted view reminds me of the change from aeronautical engineer to
aerospace engineer in deference to the space race, so why is it bad
to post pictures of NASA vehicles so long as they're of reasonable
size and in JPEG format? If you want only original works, I think
you'll find that the amount of content posted will drop off
dramatically to the detriment of the group.

--
HP, aka Jerry

Don't be a fop or a blooter, make only pithy comments on Usenet