Old September 2nd 08, 05:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Alan Erskine[_3_]

Default When did this group change from?

"Maple1" wrote in message
When I first discovered this group it was a place for aviation enthusiasts
to share their work. A place to show your photos and a place to share
original work. When did this group change from that to a group that you
flood with photos from other sources? Must be all those young computer
geeks that spend so much time in front of the computer that they don't
have time nor the talent to get a camera and take some photos of their
own. Soon when all us who still shoot are dead and gone all we will have
is others posting our work and all the originality will be gone It is a
shame.

This same argument was made over at a.b.p.animals on several occasions.
There is a group called a.b.p.animals.original - maybe the same applies for
aviation.

To continue the same argument here... where does it say the images have to
be original? As long as they are on-topic, there should be no problem. As
has been noted on .animals, not all of the images shown on this group have
ever been original - you might want to talk to Mitchell about original
works - he's been posting here for some years now and he's not the only one.

Also, if it is original work, you are placing that on a public-access
newsgroup; therefore, you have little say in what is actually done to your
images after they are posted - how do you prove that you took them? There
is no copyright info attached; nobody can contact the OP (both Original
Poster and Original Producer) to ask for permission. Do you really think
people are simple looking at these images? I have collected litterally
thousands of images over the years - no way of telling who the OP is or was.