Old October 11th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft
Stuart & Kathryn Fields

Default tail rotor rotation direction

Hell Kevin you have to have some patience with us Senior Aviators (sounds
better than old farts). I had looked at the R-44 tail rotor from a distance
and "Assumed" that it was the same as the R-22. Between eyesight and knee
jerk judgement I boo booed. Thankfully I caught it before it hit the
magazine.

--
Stuart Fields
Experimental Helo magazine

www.vkss.com
www.experimentalhelo.com

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 19:31:20 -0700, "Stuart & Kathryn Fields"
wrote:

Oops. I inadvertently included the R-44 as a ship whose tail rotor

turned
the wrong direction. This is not true. I have been informed that the

R-44
has some additional gearing to obtain the proper rotation.

I was about to jump on you for the R44 "error".. Stuart would have
had to fly down here, beat me up and then fly back.