Old April 3rd 05, 02:00 PM

Actually I did not have an ID on the pic from Davis Monthan, rather my
father in law (a engineer now retired) worked on those engines and
volunteered the info. He felt sure that was it type but keep in mind
he does not see "airframes" rather he see's engine type. The confusing
thing is he felt sure that only "5 or 6" of this type were ever built.
We will have to have another extended sit down. Thanks for your
comments. Rich Dave in San Diego wrote:
wrote in news:1112097425.065316.46530
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

Published a few photos of a tour of Davis Monthan for those that

may be
interested. Would like to know if my id of the pictured Quantico
Marine 1 is correct. Comments welcome enjoy Rich

I don't think so. I posted a comment to the site and will repeat the
picture links he

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...images/vh-60n-
h3h.jpg

http://aeroweb.brooklyn.cuny.edu/dat...ge.htm?id=8482

The stub wings don't match any of the H-60 pix on the Sikorsky site,

and
the engine nacelles don't match either:

http://www.sikorsky.com/details/0%2C...I254%2C00.html

I know what it isn't (H-60) but I don't know what it is, yet. Still
looking.

Dave in San Diego