Old November 29th 05, 11:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default My Ground Loop

"Maule Driver" wrote in message
om...
Deborah McFarland wrote:
My one and only (so far) ground loop came about because I failed to abort
landing when I should've. When the trees got about 60' away, I locked the
right brake, and she came around about 120 degrees. Got her stopped,
though.

Years later, I found grass trapped in the bead of the left tire when I
changed it.

George Patterson

In 700 hours of flying my Luscombe, I have never used the brake for
landing, and I've landed in 25 mph direct crosswinds on pavement. We're
taught never to use brake as our airplanes are prone to flipping (and
I've seen it happen).

What's the difference do you think?

Deb

Different aircraft.

Yea, what he said.

But, if you never use the brakes, how do you do fun things like coming to a
complete stop with the tail still in the air?
(Well, it's fun at first, but then when the tail drops with a bang, you
realize it's not something you want to do a lot...)

--
Capt. Geoffrey Thorpe
The Sea Hawk At WowWay D0t Com